The Power of Critique Groups
Someone will critique your work – it’s inevitable, and you don’t want it to be your publisher. Today’s Writers Chat digs in to why critique groups can be helpful for your writing career.
Critique Group Tips
- Keep critique groups small.
- Find Critique Groups
- Your local librarian should have suggestions. They know local authors and can link you to other writers.
- Also Word Weavers International is a great place to start. They have local in-person chapters, but also have groups to join online.
- Attend writers conferences.
- Have “Early Readers” and what Bethany calls, the “Yes” Reader.
- WATCH OUT for someone who tries to change your “voice.”
- Have your critique group members be close to your skill level.
Watch the replay here: